Thursday, January 20, 2011
New Hobbies
Today started around 6:30 am, woke up took a shower and headed for work. My least favorite place right now. I talked with my boss and was able to get out of a meeting next week. I came back to my friends and started packing for my trip. I needed to do laundry and take care of a few matters before leaving town. I had lunch with a friend and tried to discuss some financial advice. From there I spent about 45 minutes at the DMV, while waiting I thought to my self this place is a lot like Wal-Mart. Seventeen lanes of checkout and only four lanes open. Then I decided to go back to the house work on laundry and to take Kelsey for a walk. We started out through the neighborhood and I decided that it was to boring. I wanted to take her to the park, spend a little extra time with her. I will not see her for another two weeks. It's killing me on the inside. While out for our walk I could tell Kelsey was enjoying her self, she was so curious and constanly smelling new scents. During our trip I had change of plans, I had forgotten about the railroad tracks. I enjoyed her company very much, but I couldn't stop thinking about two things that were missing. The stars in the sky and a cold PBR. Although this is something I have been wanting to do lately start at one end and see where I end up. Not sure how far down the tracks we were but Kelsey was getting tired so I knew it was time to head back, because we still had about a thirty minute walk home. We got back to the house I finished folding my last bit of laundry. I was waiting on a phone call so that I could book a ticket for part of my trip. I called my insurance company, what a waste of time. I got so frustrated with their automatic service that I did not get anything resolved. I was able to get my plane ticket, it was a little more than I wanted to spend. However sitting on a pier reading a book and drinking a cold beer will be well worth it. My husband came home while all this was going on, he seemed very disgruntel, I guess it was because I was there. Really not sure did not ask. I was not there to cause any problems just wanted to get my airline ticket. He left in a hurry. So I stayed a little longer with Kelsey, left after 5 pm. Headed down to Mauldin to start a new hobby. It is something I have often thought of doing in the past, just never did any thing about it. I signed up to take salsa lessons, however on your first visit you recieve an hour of learning basic steps to many different types of dances. We went through seven different types, salsa, swing, tango, waltz, ballroom, hustle, and now I don't remember the rest. I had a really great time, and met my new dance partner for the next several weeks. While I was there my mind was so clear and at peace for the first time in almost two weeks. It was wonderful. My dance instructor complimented me the entire time. He loves his job and is very encouraging. This is going to be a very expensive hobby for me, but you only live once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment