Thursday, January 27, 2011

Best Friends

Today ended the first part of my vacation.  It went by so fast, but I feel as if I have really had a chance to open my eyes. I spent most of my time alone and soul searching.  My outlook on life has changed.  I realized several things about life.  People can suprise you.  Sometimes you feel certain people will never suppport you and then show that you will.  Family that you thought you would lose, lets you know they will always be your family.  That your three year old niece can pick up on the fact that you are sad and will hug you, and dance with you untill you laugh.  Friends that you don't talk to for months will call, text and pray for you daily.  My friends in Florence can never be replaced.  Someone once told me I don't contact them enough.  This person only has one best friend, and I have six. Sometimes all you need is a friend that will take shots with you while you cry, or drive your drunk behind to eat.  The guy you met in Charleston that has all the tattos, will have one of the most amazing voices you have ever heard.  I may not spend the time with them that I use to but they have all opened their hearts and homes to me.  That old white beat up Jeep will take you further than any mustang. I have discovered that walking rail road tracks and sitting under bridges to be very relaxing.   I was told that I am two faced because of comments that I made about someone I didn't trust.  That person has really showed their true colors and turned out to be the most two faced person I have encourted.  When your gut tells you not to trust someone you are right all along.  Sometimes the most close minded person can become the most open minded person.  Sometimes the most open minded person can become the most close minded person.  People make promises that they don't stick to, they promise to stand by you for better or worse, and when worse showed up they took the easy way out.  You will constantly struggle through life if you try to live without God.  If you fall off that band wagon he will let you know.  Faith and prayer will make you a stronger person.  When I started to believe that the world was full of people with no morals or values, God has shown me that I was wrong.  People I barely know and people that don't even know me have prayed for me.  Don't ever look for a person to validate you.  When you feel alone ask God to hold you.  Dogs are women's best friends.  Taylor Swift songs speak to my heart.  When you are having a bad day turn the radio up and sing along, just make sure you turn it up enough you don't hear your own voice  (that can be scary).  Just because someone tells you they look at things very diffrently than you dosen't make them right.  Espically when they are probably looking from one side only. Some people have to fall on their face before realizing they need help.  What they don't realize is there was always somebody standing there to help them.  I guess we all believe at one point we have no one.  Someone can make you a promise they will be there for you no matter what.  If you are lucky enough to be one of these people, don't walk all over them.  If you tell someone that you treat people the way you want to be treated, make sure it's the truth.  That is a very strong statement.  It's hard to swallow when an amazing person turns their back on you.  I was given good advice sometimes you have to go through the rain storm to find the rainbow.

My six best friends are Athena, Lauren, Mercedes, Sarah, Kris and Denise.  I want you guys to know that I will always love you no matter what.  Thank you for always being there for me, espically right now.  I don't know what I would do with out each of you.  I am very thankful that God has placed you in my life.  You have all touched my life in diffrent ways, but you have all shown me what true friendship is all about.

1 comment: